Personal Information Collection Statement
Tugu Insurance Company Limited (the "Company") may collect personal information to enable the Company to carry on insurance business and may be used for the following mandatory purposes of:
- processing and assessing of applications for any insurance products and daily operation of the related services;
- any alterations, variations, cancellation or renewal of any insurance and related services;
- any claims or investigation or analysis of such claims;
- exercising any right under the insurance policy including right of subrogation, if applicable;
- meeting the requirements under any law and regulation, requests from regulators, industry bodies, government agencies and court order; and
- any activities directly relating to the above purposes.
The information you provide to the Company may be provided or transferred to the following parties in Hong Kong or overseas for the purposes set out in the above paragraph:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, data processing or storage or related services or any other company carrying on insurance or reinsurance related business, or an intermediary, or a claim or investigation or other service provider providing services relevant to insurance business, for any of the above or related purposes;
- any association, federation or similar organization of insurance companies (“Federation”) that exists or is formed from time to time for any of the above or related purposes or to enable the Federation to carry our its regulatory functions or such other functions that may be assigned to the Federation from time to time and are reasonably required in the interest of the insurance industry or any member(s) of the Federation; and
- any members of the Federation by the Federation for any of the above or related purposes;
- auditors; and
- any party under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a group company of the Company which has undertaken to keep such information confidential.
If you do not agree to the use of your personal data for above purposes, it would not be possible for the Company to process your application and render the services.
You may seek access to and to request correction of any personal information concerning yourself held by the Company subject to payment of an administrative fee. Requests for such access or correction can be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer, Tugu Insurance Company Limited, 28/F China Online Centre, 333 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
Tugu Insurance Company Limited (the "Company") is committed to full compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap.486 (“the Ordinance”) in respect of the collection, use, retention and disclosure of personal information.
At all times, the Company shall endeavour to ensure all collection and/or storage and/or transmission and/or usage of personal data from individuals be done in accordance with the obligations and requirements of the Ordinance. In doing so, the Company will ensure that staff involved in handling personal data comply with the strictest standards of security and confidentially.
We collect personal data in a number of ways. The most common circumstances in which we collect personal data are when you enquire about products we offer, you apply for an insurance product, or make a claim.
The types of personal data we collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. We may collect details including your name, HKID, date of birth, contact details and other personal data which is relevant to the insurance product you are applying for or the claim you are making.
The purposes for which your personal data will be used will depend on the circumstances in which that personal data is collected. We will inform you of the purposes for which we intend to use your personal data in the Personal Information Collection Statement at or before the time we collect your personal data.
Generally, we may use your personal data for the purpose for which you provided it to us; for the purposes which are directly related to the purposes for which you provided it to us; and any other purposes to which you have consented.
Your personal data may be provided or transferred to other third party. The third parties to whom your personal data will be disclosed will depend on the purposes for which that personal data is used. We will inform you of the third parties to whom your personal data will be disclosed in the Personal Information Collection Statement at or before the time we collect your personal data.
Generally, we may disclose your personal data as necessary for the purpose for which you provided it to us; for the purposes which are directly related to the purposes for which you provided it to us; and any other purposes to which you have consented.
In exceptional circumstances, we may be required or permitted by law to disclose personal data, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety.
We will only retain the personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purposes for which such data was collected, unless the personal data need to be retained to satisfy any applicable statutory, contractual or tortious obligations.
Under the Ordinance, individuals have the right to request access to and correction of their personal data held by the Company. Should you wish to access or correct your personal information held by us, please present your enquiry by writing to the Data Protection Officer of the Company at 28/F China Online Centre, 333 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. Any requests or access to and correction of information will be dealt with promptly and we will use our best endeavours to handle such requests before the expiry of 40 days maximum. A reasonable fee may be charged to offset the Company’s administration and actual costs incurred in the complying with your data access request.